Fr Emil farewelled from Lake Cargelligo
Fr Emil joined the Lake Cargelligo parish and school family in 2015 and in the three years that Fr Emil Milat has been a special part of our school and Parish family we have so much to be very grateful for.
- Fr Emil came along when Fr Mayne was finding himself to be (not old) but less able to do all of the duties he had previously been able to meet. Fr. Emil supported Fr Mayne in a very kind, gentle and respectful way, making Fr Mayne still feel capable and as independent as necessary while also supporting the school, the staff and the parishioners.
- Fr Emil helped make the transition from Fr Mayne to new parish priest as easy and as seamless as possible.
- He has always been extremely understanding, respectful of our traditions (the old ways of doing things) that are unique to our community, and has been a true friend to us all.
- Fr Emil’ unique and very special way of celebrating mass, liturgies and sacraments ensures the message of Jesus is understood by the students, and on many occasions further developed the spiritual understandings of staff as well. We really appreciate the continuation of our weekly school masses and the special masses each term at Murrin Bridge Preschool.
- Fr Emil has been a wonderful mentor to Rachael Morris in the Religious Education Coordinator position – but also a spiritual leader to all staff
- His dedication and commitment to Catholic Education is evident – ensuring our school has a family feeling and helping to make everyone feel that they belong.
- The wonderful Sacramental retreats at Mt Bolo for our children celebrating First Reconciliation, First Eucharist or Confirmation have been very special days for us all – students and teachers.
- Fr Emil shares the love, forgiveness and gentleness of Jesus with all that he is, every moment he is with us.
- We wish Fr Emil all the very best for the next stage of his journey and know that the parishioners of his new parish will gain so very much from Fr Emil.
Thank you so very much for all you have given to St Francis Xavier School – to the students, for the mentoring and spiritual guidance given to SFX teachers and staff and your friendship, care and continuous support to the whole school and parish community.
Jacinta Elwin is the Principal at St Francis Xavier Primary School, Lake Cargelligo.