Harmony with God
Today’s readings inspire us to form our character in harmony with God’s character so that our actions align with God’s values and concerns.
The first reading and psalm challenge us to:
- act justly and virtuously
- be thoughtful and hardworking
- be wise and teachable
- respond to the needs of the poor
- meditate on God’s wonders
- delight in God’s law and follow his commands
In the Gospel Jesus proclaims that those who hear the word of God and put it into practice become, through obedience to his Father, Jesus’ own closest relations, his intimate circle.
Jesus, help us to be Christians in deed not just in word.