BUSHFIRE UPDATE: A surge of goodwill brings hope to those affected by the bushfires
Update on Bushfires
- In addition to the losses reported yesterday, I can confirm that a family has lost their house in Bemboka and another in Batlow.
- Property damage has been sustained in Jerangle, but no loss of houses. The same can be said of Adelong.
Update on Contributions
- The Diocese of Wagga and the Cathedral Parish, Canberra have contributed to a family in Bodalla, in the Parish of Moruya.
- One of our clergy has helped with the funeral expenses of a Cobargo resident.
- Watson Parish and the Parish of Wanniassa will contribute to the Parish of Batemans Bay.
- The Parish of Corpus Christi will contribute to the Parish of Pambula.
- The Parish of Sacred Heart, Pearce will contribute to the Parish of Cobargo.
- The Parish of Holy Spirit, Gungahlin, will contribute to the Parish of Cobargo.
- The Order of Malta has contributed $20,000 that will be immediately distributed to those who have lost home
To donate to the bushfires appeal go to https://www.vinnies.org.au/